Although we’re in the United States, 3 Sisters Surrogacy welcomes clients from all over the world. For some couples, challenges in their home country can make surrogacy almost impossible. A same-sex couple living in a country where same-sex marriage is not recognized may encounter a more difficult journey.
Some countries simply don’t offer the quality of care, legal protections, or fair surrogate compensation that U.S. agencies provide. By working with an international surrogacy agency in a country like the U.S., couples can overcome these challenges and start building the family they desire.
How 3 Sisters’ Surrogacy Can Help
If surrogacy is not an option for you in your home country, we can guide you through the process of international surrogacy. We know that it can be difficult to select an egg donor, surrogate, and clinic in an unfamiliar country; that’s why we’re happy to connect international clients with our network of top clinics and other professionals. We’ll also answer any questions you may have along the way. Additionally, we are able to provide translation services in a large variety of languages for our overseas Intended Parents.
How Surrogacy Works in the United States
In the U.S., surrogacy is governed under state law rather than federal law. So long as you meet all the requirements for legal surrogacy in a given state, the process is really quite straightforward.
3 Sisters Surrogacy offers a diverse selection of gestational surrogates to our clients, allowing a mutual selection process between Intended Parents and our Surrogates. All of our surrogates are thoroughly examined and vetted to ensure good health, a successful birth history, and a safe, stable lifestyle.
Finding a U.S. Egg Donor for International Surrogacy
If you cannot provide your own eggs, and you require an egg donor for the surrogacy process, you’ll want to find a U.S. egg donor in addition to your U.S. surrogate. As a client of 3 Sisters Surrogacy, you’ll be put in touch with our partner agency, The Donor Solution. Once you’ve selected the perfect egg donor from its extensive database, we then work directly with The Donor Solution and your fertility clinic to coordinate the IVF process.
Consider the Following
Before you begin an international surrogacy, consider these points:
- It’s a good idea to find your fertility clinic first. BUT, if you will be working with an Egg Donor it is important to select the egg donor first AND then decide on a client to decrease the amount of travel required for the egg donor during the IVF cycle.
- Expect lots of planning and preparation in the form of meetings, decisions, and legal contracts (but know that it’s all worth it!).
Potential Challenges (and How We Deal with Them)
U.S. attitudes toward surrogacy are quite positive, but there are still some challenges:
- As mentioned, laws vary from state to state. We can connect you with a fertility lawyer to discuss any potential issues.
- Traveling for an international surrogacy may introduce logistical issues. We try to anticipate such problems and help you avoid them.
- There are language barriers for non-English speakers. If needed, we can bring in a professional translator.
Contact Our International Surrogacy Agency Today!
If you want to pursue an international surrogacy in the U.S, please fill out our contact form or call (877) 976-9483 to get started!